Tuesday 29 April 2014

Link Loving

I love being introduced to new things on the internet, being able to share something that others would have never even known existed is one of the best aspects of social media. So what better way to share what I've been loving than in tidy little post.

Music

Passenger launched his video for Hearts On Fire and it's one of the most beautiful music videos I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. Filmed by my absolute talent crush Jarrad Seng, this video is stunning and one I think everyone should see.

Kina Grannis is one of the best cover artists that youtube has to offer and is one of my personal favourites. I find American musicians a lot harder to love than British for a reason I can't pinpoint but she is one I adore and her cover of The Moon Song by Karen O from the "Her" soundtrack is flawless. One of the best covers she has ever done and I've heard the majority of them.

YouTube

Hank Green, one half of the vlogbrothers, recently did a video called "What Boys Look For In Girls", a title that makes me want to be violently ill sometimes on the insane amount of videos which have made what Hank calls a "genre" on youtube. He then goes on to educate you on the cultural differences around the world for women and men do to make them seem more attractive, my favourite being in England men wear tiny pants. It's entertaining and educational, what more could you want?

Paris Snapshots by Will Darbyshire is a stunning compilation of moments of his trip to Paris with girlfriend and fellow youtuber Alexa Losey. It's really amazing with a perfect soundtrack and makes me all gooey at it's beauty. A brief but joyful watch.

Tumblr

I am an animal gif person to the point where I have a bookmarks folder called 'happy' filled with them to make me chuckle. My favourites of recent have been cat vs puppies and Natalie Tran and cat.

Tumblr is also a haven for quotes and I'm usually prone to liking the gushy slightly pretentious lovey dovey ones for instance this one by Charles Bukowski "Nobody can save you but yourself and you're worth saving. It's a war not easily won but if anything is worth saving then this is it."

My other favourite quote from the month is something I wrote and am quite proud of. It's a very romantic view on the life I want to live but at the same time I was so proud of it's simplicity. You can read it on my tumblr here.

Writing

Charly Cox wrote a post titled Classroom Clashes which is so unbelievably relatable to my own schooling experience that I'd describe it as my thoughts but better worded. If you've finished school, are finishing school or are still trapped in the school yard then I recommend you read it. There is something wonderful about finishing reading something and thinking "Yes! Exactly!".

A wonderful post on Rookie Magazine popped up in my exploration of the website entitled How To Be Alone and I adore it! I love being alone, I think I'm rather good at it as well and it extends to more than just being home alone. I love exploring the city alone, reading a book in a coffee shop alone and going out to take photos alone. Because as is perfectly written in the second last paragraph "the thing about being alone is that it's doesn't have to include feeling lonely".

Let me know in the comments what links you've been loving this month from cat gifs to quotes, I want to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment