Monday 28 April 2014

May Madness

Back in February I posted a mood board type thing to summarise my month. Well I soon discovered that aiming to post that every month was a bit much because I don't get up to that much in the space of four weeks. So instead this post is going to be quarterly and more in depth.

The Products

The Naked 2 Palette has been on my list for a while and I'm going to be putting away a little bit of money each week when I get paid to buy not just the number 2 but the number 1 as well. My eyeshadow collection is a bit abysmal, mainly dominated by budget bronze shades but I'm excited to have more to work with. However this will be it for eyeshadows for a while for me, I'll be banning myself from buying any more other than the basics palette eventually.

Chapped lips never bothered me that much until I started wearing lipstick and now they are the biggest nuisance. With the change in the weather to windy, cooler days my lips have suffered so I set out to find the best of the bunch to save them. I have a whole post on my results which you can read here.

Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks dropped in Australia not long ago and I'm in love. The formula is great and Nottinghill Nude lightly blended over the lip is the nude lip colour for the girl who isn't big on nude lips. I picked up In Love With Ginger as well but I am yet to be brave enough to wear it out.

Lifestyle

Autumn is here and I am a happy chappy! My wardrobe is far more equipped for the cooler months so I feel like a fashion queen right now with my monochrome choices. I love nothing more than being rugged up on a rainy day in bed and I've been able to do that for the first time in over six months. I bought my first ever blazer recently and I'm working with it to make it a casual piece for winter, my favourite choice so far is rolling up the sleeves and throwing it over my Lewis Watson t-shirt which you can pick up here.

I have never been much of a handbag girl, preferring small cross body bags to lugging around a big thing until I found a love for canvas bags. Mine has the slogan 'Girls Just Wanna Have Funds' (which you can see on my instagram post here) and is a practical and casual way to carry things around. It's big enough to hold my laptop which is the best bonus because that was the worst thing about not having a large bag in my collection and a green bag from the supermarket isn't exactly stylish. They're cheap, washable and have the tick of approval from none other than Alexa Chung in her book 'It'.

I love getting so into a book that I'll stay up until 2am to finish it because going to sleep and finishing it the next day is not an option. I've recently finished 'Attachments' by Rainbow Rowell, 'The One Plus One' by Jojo Moyes and 'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion, all of which I loved and would recommend to anyway. 'Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close' by Jonathan Safran Foer and 'Someday, Someday, Maybe' by Lauren Graham are next on my list.

I never thoughts I'd love ripped denim jeans but since customising my own I can't get enough. I had a pair of light wash denim super skinny jeans which I was bored of so I hacked into them and had some fun. I'm going to make a post on how I did this so keep an eye out on my blog soon as well as eventually updating them with a bit of a lace detail to make them a bit different.

The OC is a show I've always intended to watch mainly because of Adam Brody's beautiful face if I'm completely honest. It's a trashy, early 2000's American high school comedy/drama and I love it. The clothes (did anyone wear bras 10 years ago??) and the make up (brown lipliner anyone?) are hilarious so I'd watch it for just those but I'm in love with Seth Cohen which helps too.

This year seems to be the year for new music amongst the artists I listen to. Passenger, Lewis Watson, Stu Larsen, Ed Sheeran, Hudson Taylor and probably a bunch more people who I've forgotten about are all releasing new material and I know I'm going to be in heaven/broke by the time it's all released. I've been in such a music funk however that it'll be so worth it. I'm considering doing a whole post about what I've been listening to so let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in that.

There is a reason why the products list is so short in this post and that's because I am trying my hardest to save as much as possible. I'm a materialistic person so this is hard for me and with my mum's birthday, easter, mothers day, my dad's birthday and my brother's birthday all falling in the past few weeks and next few months, I have to try and be tight and spend wisely so all my hard work doesn't go to waste. The biggest down side is the constant feeling of being broke because I can't touch any of the money in my savings account.

I've been awful with sleep of recent and my schedule has gone out the window. At the moment I've been going to sleep at midnight and waking up at 10am far too frequently which is really not practical if I want to get anything done in the day. I'm now going to make a conscious effort to get a normal pattern back, even if it involves early alarms so by the end of the day I'm actually tired.

Writing is something I love but I've recently started to put it off and I'm not sure why. I've started procrastinating doing the thing that was usually what I did when I was procrastinating. In attempt to keep myself writing and becoming better, I am going to write something every day. Even if it's just three sentences, it's better than nothing. I'm going to make sure I have a pad and pen everywhere I go as well in case inspiration strikes.


Let me know in the comments what you've been listening to as of recent and the most exciting thing happening in the next few months for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment