Saturday 12 July 2014

Book Haul


There is one person (other than myself obviously) to blame for this post. She is the ultimate book enabler, Sanne aka booksandquills is the reason behind the majority of these books and I love her for it.

Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg must be one of the best selling books of 2014 for a reason, right? As a girl entering the workforce and figuring out where I fit into it, I think this book will be quite inspiring to be a strong independent working woman and I look forward to what should be a very interesting read if the reviews are true.

I've actually already read Attatchments by Rainbow Rowell, it's on my iPad and I loved it so much I wanted the physical copy on my shelf. Rowell is one of my favourite authors, both from her adult and young adult novels and I really adored this book when I read it. This also leads onto the other purchase which is unpictured because it arrived later but I just binge-read Landline, Rowell's latest book, and loved it just as much. I think Fangirl is my all time favourite of her novels but they're all spectacularly well written and have well developed interesting characters whom I adore.

An Object Of Beauty by Steve Martin was the impulse buy of this haul. Spotted in one of Sanne's book hauls I believe, this books art world aspect appealed the most to me. I love art in a lot of forms, I want to learn more about it and I just really liked the look of this book really. Very excited to read it but it's not first on the list right now.

Just One Day followed by Just One Year followed by Just One Night (ebook only) are a lovely trio (or really 2 and a half but that doesn't sound as nice) of books written by Gayle Forman. I read these quickly on my iPad and loved them so much that once I discovered Just One Night existed around 11pm, moments after finishing Just One Year, I made the very immature but at the time satisfying choice to stay up even later and finish that. If I miss sleep to read a book it's worthy of sitting on my shelf.

Trouble by Non Pratt was one I discovered on Goodreads and is really a book that I would have bought on my iPad if it was an iBook because it's not one I really needed to own. I read this whilst I was poorly (part of the reason for the lack of noise on this blog) and I liked it but didn't love it. Personally the goodreads reviews were a bit generous and the only really great thing with this book was the character Aaron who I adored, buying off bookdepository at least means I didn't throw too much money down the drain.

Estee (of Essiebutton) and Sanne are the reasons behind my purchase of We Were Liars by E Lockhart and I am so grateful! It's not the kind of book I'd pick up, I generally stick to the YA/Chick Lit genre because it's light and this novel is anything but. It's not a long read but it's a lovely one, with some more poetic aspects and very interesting medical conflict elements which I adored. It was $2.99 on iBooks on sale so it was a no brainer really.

Last but not least is Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson, a book which I found through #shelfie on tumblr, one of my favourite tags to peruse, when it kept on appearing in people's book collections. It's been highly rated on Goodreads from over 4000 ratings which is a good sign and I think it'll be a nice holiday read when I go away to the country next week.

Do I dare ask what other books I should check out? Tell me what you've been reading in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment