Wednesday 7 May 2014

Playing Favourites

I've always been very unmotivated to do a favourites post on this blog, choosing instead to wrap it into my quarterly mood boards. But for once I had a selection of things that I truly loved, rather than a few I loved and a few I liked that would fill out the post.

I had my eye on this little notebook for weeks before I caved and let myself buy it. Made by The New York Times this notebook is a really practical size with plenty of room to write as many lists as the heart desires (and my heart desires a lot). Online I couldn't find the single paperback version I bought from my newsagent but you can buy a set on the New York Times Store here.

Essie Lilacism has to be on of my favourite nail polishes of all time, it's the perfect not too in your face pastel purple which depending on the lighting sometimes looks blue and other times grey. It goes with my mainly monochrome wardrobe a treat and somehow I think is quite a mature pastel, not to mention the amount of compliments I get on the colour at work is unprecedented out of any of the other colours that I wear (and there is a lot).

Up until now I've never worn a nude lip, as a fair skinned girl I think it's harder to find a great nude to suit me and whenever I go to buy one I always change my mind because they always look like such an older woman's colour when I swatch them. The first one I bought out of excitement for the launch of the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks in Australia. Nottinghill Nude is quite a brown colour but lightly blended over the lip, it looks less like it belongs in the early 2000's and much more like a modern nude. The second is Clarins Rouge Prodige lipstick in Nude, a lighter colour which I blend lightly once again and has the most beautiful packaging out of any other product I own. The downside is the scent, not my taste at all.

These rings have been popping up everywhere recently and I really like them. They're a simple statement piece and quite practical, you can buy them in sets with other rings quite cheaply as well which is the bonus if you want to give one a go without committing to something more expensive.

Washi tape has to go on my list of #essiemademebuyit items. It's overpriced and a complete waste of money but it's pretty and I couldn't resist. I got a set of five but the patterned ones were my favourite and I can't wait to be able to use them (for what, I'm not sure but I'll find something).

What have you been loving of recent? Anything amazing I should be tempted to buy?



No comments:

Post a Comment