Sunday 25 May 2014

The Best Of Instagram


Hi my name is Holly and I am an Instagram addict. I wish I could insert an 'I'm kidding' line in there but I really can't. Instagram is one of my favourite forms of social media, it's simple, it requires a certain level of creativity and it's primarily the best bits of peoples lives (unlike facebook and twitter).

I follow 363 accounts, a lot of which are personal accounts of friends but a fair few are bloggers, photographers and creative types of various forms who have beautiful Instagram feeds (is that even the term for it?). It took a lot of effort and some serious deliberation but I managed to summarise my top 5 accounts that most people won't know about.

m_i_s_o_ - Run by a tattoo artist (if you're a tumblr user you've probably come across some of her work at some point)/artist/photographer/damn cool person, this account is a compilation of drawings, tattoos and workspace shots stunningly photographed. It's a private account but with over 50 000 followers I think all requests are accepted.

tamaraloo - A mix of fashion, food and beauty shots, Tamara's simplistic but chic pictures are some of my favourites and I love seeking inspiration from her posts. With a very clean, crisp and occasionally tropical theme going on her feed is one I really enjoy viewing.

meganisobel - The Instagram account of the fabulous blogger behind lipssofacto is one of those feeds where I get an instant life envy, even just from a shot of her messy topknot. I'll forgive the Birkenstocks for her fashion, lifestyle and beauty posts which step away from the blogger photo cliches (which I fall into all too frequently) and are perfectly understated.

madewell1937 - Admittedly this account is a form of advertisement but when the photos are so beautiful (and I can't actually buy anything because of the whole living in Australia thing) I can excuse that fact. With a collection of more earthier but still very crisp photos that are mainly fashion related, this feed is one of the best around for clothing stores and the advertising portion isn't as obnoxious as other accounts.

phoebe__darcy - This amazing feed is created by someone very close to home, Phoebe is a fashion and textiles student and also one of my oldest friends who I knew as a toddler and then was reunited with in high school. Her style is impeccable and her photography is stunning, a definite hidden gem amongst Instagram and one I look at with the pride of 'I know that girl'.

What are your favourite hidden gems on Instagram? Any I should be following? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment