Sunday 8 June 2014

The Want List

Part of the problem with being very active in the beauty/fashion blogger community is that the wants accumulate and for a girl who is trying to save her pennies, the temptation is painful. I try not to have too many impulse buys and go shopping with a plan to make the most of what I buy. The best way I've found to keep track is to have a running list and to check back on it so I only but what I really really want and have done for a while. What's on this list you may ask?

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - This has been on my list for over six months now and after my first dabble into Origins with the charcoal mask I think this is the next progression. It's a no fuss mask that has rave reviews and just fits in with the budget. I see it as the more I invest in looking after my skin the less I have to in covering it.

Marc Jacobs Baker watch in gold - I almost caved for this at Christmas but just couldn't quite bring myself to spend so much money on a watch but I think it's going to happen as my gap year survival present to myself at the end of the year. My wrists are childlike so I can't even find a bracelet that fits nicely but I think this watch will be the best investment my wrist will ever have.

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - I have mentioned this previously on my blog before and the want still stands. It's on the back burner right now because I'm quite content with my no fuss concealer, brows and mascara look that's my go to at the moment but I'm keeping an eye out for it to go on sale on Beauty Bay so I can snap it up.

See by Chloe - Spotted on the vlog channel of Estee from EssieButton, this perfume is most likely my next buy in the scent department. I've been wearing Dot by Marc Jacobs almost exclusively since I got it in December which I still adore but it's half gone and I think it's time for a switch up. I smelt this once and loved it (it even got the mum tick of approval), a few more swatches are in order for my final conclusion but it's looking hopeful.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper- I swatched this on my hand and I kid you not it lasted two days of showers and handwashing before it was all gone. It's a perfect red and the formula has gotten the tick of approval from the bold lip goddess Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup so I'm sold. In Australia it's not exactly cheap so I'm waiting for it to go on sale before I pick it up but expect a review on here soon after I do.

Black brogues - I did have my eye on some from Wittner but they are out of my price range so I am going to hunt through the end of financial year sales to find the perfect pair. I love the masculinity of the brogue, I think they definitely fall into the 'tom-boy chic' category and they are also really versatile, downplaying feminine cuts and can replace heels for the right occasion (my brown pair already do). Shoe shopping for me is quite hard and it's a godsend for me to find a pair I actually like.

What is on your want list? Actually, don't tell me. I don't need any more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment